Check out our top 5 best random orbital sander in the market. These tools are handheld devices used for sanding. They have a sanding blade that can deliver random bit action, meaning the rotation angle of the disk and head is variable. They are also called hand held sander or palm sander.
Today, there are many of these power tools you can find on the market. As a woodworker enthusiast or professional, you must select the right one to ensure that it can help you perform the task with precision and speed.
1. DEWALT DWE6423K Variable Speed Random Orbit Sander
There are certain characteristics of the DEWALT DWE6423K that make it to this list. First of all, it offers variable speed as a random orbit sander that comes with a hook and loop pad. In addition, this product comes with a 3amp motor, offering power ranging from 8000 to 12000 OPM. Another worth-mentioning feature of the kit is its separate counterweight, reducing the vibration you’ll encounter when it’s in use.
When it comes to comfort, the maker has designed it with an over-mold grip, providing users with comfortable sanding. In addition to that, it has a short design, letting you work closer to the piece. It also comes with a locking dust bag that attaches to the tool securely for collecting dust. You might also want to attach it to the dust collectors offered by this brand, such as the DWV012. Its enhanced dust collection system also interfaces well with their vacuum locking system.
- Protects switch versus dust ingestion with its dust-sealed switch.
- Powerful 3.0 Amp motor delivering up to 12,000 OPM.
- Shorter height lets you work closer to your piece.
- Design limits vibration.
- Reduces user fatigue with rubber over-mold.
- Might be complex to use for beginners.
- Might not be for industrial use.
2. Bosch ROS20VSC Random Orbit Sander Or Polisher
The Bosch ROS20VSC offers users with a 2.5 amp motor, powerful enough for handling different types of woodworking tasks at home or in woodworking projects. It is also versatile as it is offering variable speed, letting you choose the ideal speed based on the task at hand. This product is also reliable because of its H&L loop attachment that stores more than 35000 long life hooks for the perfect disc grip.
This product also has a micro filter system for trapping particles and small dust, which can be as small as half a micron. What makes the durable dust canister unique is that it can also show you the dust level. When you need to remove it, you can easily detach it with ease.
The Bosch ROS20VSC also comes with a smooth finish, eliminating any swirl marks. Plus, the product has a microcellular-backing pad, letting you get the swirl-free finish whether for contoured or flat surfaces. It also offers you with enhanced comfort for its soft grip top, letting you use different grip positions without any hassles. This product also provides you with a low vibration operation to work longer.
- With carrying bag included.
- Versatile polisher and sander.
- Powerful 2.5 amp motor.
- Variable speed settings for a wide range of tasks.
- Swirl-free finish all the time.
- Quite big dust unit.
- Only a year warranty.
3. Makita BO5041K Random Orbit Sander Kit
The product is a 5-in orbit sander set that comes with plenty of useful features and functions to provide users with ease and convenience when working on a wide range of projects. It is also designed and constructed with 3amp motor to handle different woodworking projects with ease and precision.
Its motor comes with a large, sealed ball bearing, ensuring longer life. This model is also made with a variable speed dial, letting users control the speed of the sanding to your material.
It offers convenience for its large trigger switch located accessibly on the lock-on button. This product is also top performing for its pad brake included to enhance the tool’s performance and prevent/reduce gouging. This Makita is also a complete set coming with a case, dust bag and an abrasive disc.
The Makita BO5041K also features rubberized handles, delivering control and comfort. In addition, it comes with a quick-change abrasive disc as well as a dust collection system for a cleaner workstation.
- Great variable speeds up to 12000RPM.
- Nice palm grip, ensuring arm and hand comfort and less fatigue.
- Lock-on button on the trigger switch for uninterrupted use.
- Adjustable front handle, letting you sand even confined sections.
- Controlled pad speed with the pad control system.
- Not long enough cord.
- Dust bag might not last long.
4. SKIL 7492-02 Random Orbit Sander With Pressure Control
This is a random orbital sander from SKIL, a reliable brand in the category. What makes this product unique aside from its efficiency is its pressure control. It adds to the precision of the results you’ll get for using it. It might be the tool for you if you’re looking for a fast sander for stock removal and smooth results.
The pressure indicator it is designed with adds to the precision you will achieve because it will let you know if you’re applying the correct pressure or not. And if not, the tool will warn you, such as when there is too much of it applied. When it comes to efficiency and perfection, the orbital action coming with the SKIL 7492-02 can provide you with a swirl-free finish for smooth results.
It also includes a pad brake system, preventing gouging, while its built-in micro filtration can capture the fine dust and particles, keeping the surface clean. SKIL also designed it with a sealed switch keeping dust out of it to prevent clogging and ensure long machine life. This product also includes a clear dust canister, ensuring no guesswork when you have to remove the dust.
- Pad brake system can minimize the gouging.
- Durable construction.
- Micro filtration contains dust and micro particles.
- Random orbit action ensuring quick stock removal.
- Dust seal switch prevents its clogging and ensures long machine life.
- A bit weak motor for harder tasks.
- For the hobbyist but might not be for the pros.
5. Black & Decker BDERO100 Random Orbit Sander
This is a random orbit sander chosen by woodworkers for its improved function and reliability. This product offers efficient and quick material removal and its solid and compact construction can give hobbyists and DIY people with ease of use when working closely to the surface. It also provides them with optimum control around their woodworking projects. A few task it can work with well are sanding painted walls, furniture sanding, refinishing a dining table and sanding down steps.
This compact sander works well for getting rid of stock fast. It can also create a high-quality finish. The Black & Decker BDERO100 also comes with a hook and loop system, enabling easy and quick paper changes. The sander also comes with a dust-sealed switch, keeping the debris out of the switch for a longer tool life.
Its motor functions efficiently when it comes to the powering of the random orbit action of the sanding pads for high rate material removal. This product lets you control the sanding quality finish through changing the sanding pad with your desired grit size. However, speed customization is not suitable for the device.
- Keeps debris and dust out with its dust sealed switch.
- Hook and loop system for easy and fast change of sanding paper.
- Absorbs vibration for soft rubber material of the palm rest area.
- Excellent finishing quality.
- No variable speed.
- Might not be for advanced users requiring heavy applications.
Finding the best random orbital sander for woodworking can help you complete your task with ease. They can prevent gouging, ensure a swirl-free finish and provide a customizable speed on select models. Hope this article has helped you pick the right best palm sander tool for the job.